Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sly as a fox

William and I cut out and put together his fox last night.
He chose all the fabrics and buttons for the eyes. He wanted a button for the nose, too, but I talked him out of it.

He REALLY loves it and went to sleep with it last night. It was really sweet.... awww. And it felt really good to make something for William that he loves! I so rarely get to make him something cool.

The pattern is from A Bit of Whimsy Dolls and was super easy to do... except getting the bottom even to sew on the legs... but I know I'll get better at that.
And... the pattern called for sewing the buttons on and embroidering the face after the entire thing was stuffed and sewn together. I didn't like that, so on Ella's I embroidered the face and sewed on the button nose first. We'll see how that works.

I already have Ella's cut out and ready to go and Lucy wants a bee. So those will be coming shortly. I used the scraps from Sharon and Emma's apron to make Ella's and I think it will be really pretty. Lucy wants a pink bee... so we'll see about that.

I am in the process of spring cleaning... ugh!... so I won't have as many cool projects to share until the house is under wraps.
I know. You can all be sad for me.


Mom said...

It's really cute. Can't wait to see Ella's finished.