Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Matching nightgowns for Ella and Emma [Butterick 6659]

In the search for fabric for Emma's summer nightgowns I ran across this single knit from fabric.com and fell in love with it.

Someone else did, too, so I had to go back and order another couple yards so I could make matching gowns for Ella.




The fabric is so lightweight and pretty and drapes beautifully, so I just made a really simple nightgown from oop pattern Butterick 6659. I've made stuff from this pattern before, but it was early on in my sewing days- so I made a bunch of mistakes.

I love how these gowns turned out.



I think the girls did, too.
They are really cool and comfortable, but also pretty.
I just serged the ends of the fabric on the flutter sleeves and ruffle with a narrow serge and added the ruffle with my gathering foot on the serger. Then I just tacked a little bow to the front.



I used store bought bias binding for the finish, except in this little spot on Emma's where I peiced some of the binding leftover from Jacob's book to distinguish Ella's from Em's. I love that part. :)



This fabric has since been sold out, but don't worry. It didn't hold up well AT ALL. I'm so mad!!!! Look what happened after just two wearings.



Ugh!!!! Stupid fabric.

1 comments:

BConky said...

Forget the run in the fabric. They love them and look adorable in them